Modern Collectibles: Terminator Resistance Game



Finally got it. Even though it doesn't come out in the States till January 7, Santa said I was a good boy and gave my wife a European copy of the game for me to play over the Christmas/New Year's break.

The game is licensed by Canal + so its based on The Terminator and T2 only. I must state first that I'm not a gamer, and I never was. I played Nintendo in my childhood and since then only played just recently in Star wars Battlefront II and Alien: Isolation on PS4 I got last Christmas. Really loved those two but I still hoped there will be a new Terminator game someday for PS4 and there it is!




I love it. Love everything about it. Its a perfect mix of action, horror and story. What I mean by that is that usually the way it works is that during the daytime levels, its a straight forward 1st person search and fight game. In between levels we get a storyline that can end in few different ways depending on choices you make and relationships with people you chose to have. During nighttime however, its a straight up horror sneak up game which I absolutely love. Love the look and feel of the game, and the whole idea of sneaking up and seeing through walls all the patrolling terminators and machines that you have to sneak pass. The look, the dark blue hue, the mood, the ruins, its all really cool at night, looks amazing to me. My favorite level is one of the early ones, called Medical District. You have a weapon thats ineffective against terminators so if you get spotted youre dead, and you have to sneak through this spooky old hospital in silence.







Theres also plenty of cool fan references from the films, ranging from obvious to very subtle, from the bridge under which the T-1000 appeared to the likeness of the T-1000 to Dr Silberman's notes to Cryoco logos on the trucks, to many vehicles used in both films and much more

Some of the T-1000 references





And again, there is plenty of more references/easter eggs in the game


Stuff like the original flying and ground HKs make great appearances in the game



Terminator Resistance also uses plenty of T2 music which is terrific, including my favorite track Desert Suite

The game ends where T2 begins, with John Connor with the likeness of Michael Edwards sending Reese and the T-800 back through time







Go back to http://www.jamescamerononline.com/TerminatorTrilogy.htm